- Facilitate communication and sharing between traditional jazz educators by
publishing a comprehensive directory of same.
- Increase visibility and opportunities for youth traditional jazz bands by publishing
a comprehensive directory of same.
- Publish a comprehensive compendium of available traditional jazz education resources
for the use of educators.
- Collect and maintain a central repository of traditional jazz arrangements and other
materials for the use of youth bands.
- Establish and maintain a TJEN site on the internet containing TJEN info,
downloadable resources, and links to other relevant web sites.
- Encourage traditional jazz festivals to include (or increase) the participation of
youth traditional jazz bands.
- Authorize the reproduction of the TJEN logo in festival advertising, for those
festivals fielding a certain ratio of youth traditional jazz bands.
- Encourage adult traditional jazz bands to help young traditional jazz musicians,
through mentoring and sit-in opportunities.
- Promote and facilitate the formation of more traditional jazz youth bands.
- Investigate the feasibility of producing a youth traditional jazz festival.
- Develop a standard curriculum and supporting materials for the teaching of
traditional jazz in schools and colleges, and distribute it nationally.
- Work cooperatively with other music education organizations.
© 2015 Traditional Jazz Educators Network